FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much is the class?
In order to get your traffic ticket dismissed, Arizona Supreme Court requires defensive driving schools to collect your fees prior to starting the course.
The cost varies depending on the court that issued your citation. Each court determines its fee to dismiss a violation. Please utilize the cost calculator on our home page to see your total cost for the class.
Do I NEED TO pay the fine for the ticket in addition to taking the defensive driving course?
No! You take a Defensive Driving class instead of paying the fine.
Remember, the Arizona traffic laws are very strict. If you decide to just pay the fine – you will have points assessed against your driving record, your car insurance will go up for years, and will put yourself at a higher risk of more serious penalties in the future.
After you take a Defensive Driving class – your traffic ticket will be dismissed. Therefore, you will not get points on your driving record and your car insurance will not go up.
What are the benefits?
- No points on your driving record.
- Your insurance rate will not go up because of the diverted violation.
- You will learn valuable defensive driving information, driving techniques and laws.
- We will submit your completion record to the court and pay your fees.
- You won’t need to go to court unless you have other violations.
CAN I RESCHEDULE my classroom course?
Yes, and there is no charge to reschedule. But you must complete class 7-days prior to your court date/extension date.
How long is the course?
Both, the Online Course and the Classroom Course are 4 hours long. You can spend as much time on the Online Course as you wish, it just has to be at least 4 hours. There is a timer on each section ensuring that.
WHAT DO I BRING TO CLASS?
- Copy of your Traffic Ticket
- Extension Paper (if applicable)
- Driver’s License or Government issued Photo ID
- Full payment
- Online students must submit these electronically
How do I submit my documents?
The state requires us to collect a copy of your driver’s license and traffic ticket/citation, and manually verify with the Court that the information you entered is correct.
It is super easy:
- Online Course: You can submit either scanned copies or (smartphone) pictures as far as they are readable and complete. Please upload your documents on our website. You can also email them to email@example.com of text them to (480) 430-0408.
- Classroom Course: You will need to bring your ticket or a legible copy of your ticket, and your driving license together with your payment. If you have an extension, you need to bring it as well.
How do I make a payment?
- Online Course: You can pay safely and securely with credit card, debit card or PayPal. We use Authorize.Net and PayPal as Payment Processors – top payment gateways, which adhere to strictest industry standards. This provides you with additional security as we never handle your credit card/debit card information.
- Classroom Course: Bring your payment to the class in the form of a Money Order, Cashier’s Check or Exact Cash. No personal checks, credit cards or debit cards.
How does the class work?
- The course has an Introduction and five chapters of text and videos. Each chapter is divided in 3 sections – 14 minutes each. If you finish faster than that, you still have to wait until the timer counts down the full 14 minutes per section (state requirement).
- You will have to answer 3 easy multiple-choice Participation Questions at the end of each 14-minute section. They are not timed and not graded, and you have unlimited attempts per question.
- You will be required to answer Identity Verification questions (such as what is your mother’s maiden name) before some sections. Your answers must match the answers, which you provide in the beginning of the course. As long as your answers match – your identity would be verified.
- You must get your Certificate of Completion in order to complete the class! Please click on the Certificate of Completion link at the end of the course.
- Four Hours of Defensive Driving listening and watching some videos.
- There is no test. We take a 10-15 min break in the middle.
- You don’t have to take notes, unless you want to.
- You will receive a receipt at the end of the course.
After you complete your course (either Online or Classroom), we will notify the Courts, and your ticket will be dismissed.
IS THERE A FINAL TEST?
No. There is NO TEST on both, the Classroom and the Online Defensive Driving Courses!
Arizona Supreme Court has removed the requirement of having a graded Final Test at the end of the Online Defensive Driving Course (effective November 1st, 2018).
Can I log out if I need to take a break during the online class?
Yes. You can log in and out of the course between the sections. Your progress will be saved.
This is a state requirement. You must finish the defensive driving course at least 7 calendar days before your court date (If you have received an extension, the extension date is your new court date). Otherwise, your ticket will not be dismissed and all the fees may not be refunded.
It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with this requirement! We encourage you complete the class as soon as you get the ticket.
Will I be notified when the court has dismissed my ticket?
Unfortunately, you won’t be notified. The courts do not send notifications to you or us or the sate when they have dismissed a ticket. If you wish, the only way to confirm this is to call the court directly 2 weeks after you finish the course. This is not necessary and most people don’t do it. As long as you are eligible, and you have completed the course before your deadline you are good. We’ll take care of the rest!
Why do I have to sign aN AFFIRMATION of eligibility?
It is the state Law. You are required by law to declare your eligibility before you attend a Defensive Driving School.
No. You can dismiss one single violation by taking a Defensive Driving Class. You must contact the court, and follow the direction of the court for any additional violations listed on your citation.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR JUVENILES?
Yes. Some courts require juveniles to see the Judge with a parent or guardian before attending a Defensive Driving Class. Read the details on your ticket, call the court or call us at 480-430-0408 to double check.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR criminal speeding?
Yes. Different courts have different rules about criminal speeding violations. Some courts allow people with such violations to take a Defensive Driving Class (if eligible) and dismiss their tickets. Some courts don’t allow this. And some courts have different sub-rules about criminal speeding. They may allow it up to a certain speed or may require you to see the Judge before attending a Defensive Driving Class.
Read the details on your ticket, call the court or call us at 480-430-0408 to double check.
CAN I TAKE A DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASS FOR INSURANCE DISCOUNT?
Yes. Some insurance companies offer discounts for attending a defensive driving class (up to 20% off for the next 3 years). First, you need to talk to your car insurance company and ask if they will give you a discount. Then, contact us and take the class for insurance discount (no court and state fees). At the end of the class, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. You will need to provide your insurance company with a copy of your Certificate, and they will process your discount.
How OFTEN CAN I ATTEND A DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASS?
To dismiss a traffic ticket: You can do it once every 12 months (measured from Violation Date to Violation Date).
For Insurance Discount, Employment or Education: Any time, as often you wish.
Do I need to do anything else or to contact the court after I complete the course?
No, that’s it. We’ll take it from there! We will send your completion record to the court, and will pay the court and state fees on your behalf.
You don’t need to appear in court unless you have another violation. And you don’t need to provide the court with a copy of your Certificate. At this point you are 100% done.